Work With Us
We’d love to have you join our team! Please use the form below to apply. Feel free to send in your resume even if you don't see the position you're looking for listed.
Full Time Butcher
Founded in 1997, Cooper’s Meat Market is a family run meat market, specialty shop and steakhouse. At Cooper’s Meat Market and Steakhouse, you can pick up a fresh cut of CAB beef, a prepared casserole, party tray or have a meal at the restaurant. Cooper’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A Butcher attends to the meat preparation needs of our guest. Reports to the head butcher.
- Cleans, cuts, weighs, packages and labels meat.
- Provides outstanding customer service: assists guests in selecting products and shares knowledge of preparation and cooking techniques
- Stocks counter neatly, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintains a clean, organized and sanitary station according to Department of Health standards
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 2+ year of experience working with meat, preferably in a high-volume retail environment
- Ability to accurately follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, management and guests
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule sometimes including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Physically able to exert up to 60 pounds of force occasionally and up to 30 pounds of force frequently
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
- Ability to work with knives, grinders, meat slicers, hand tools and utensils